Saturday, February 26, 2011

sleep.

i have succumbed.
to this imaginary anti-gravity air that floats around my feet.
changing from a spectre to another by the second,
dazzling past the moments.
to this lightness in me,
circulating and cleansing the past.

it is as if i,
how ridiculous it might be and that i think the thought is,
am without any pain. what a laugh!
but then as though,
i never fell into this crack digging deeper instead of climbing,
never tried to look back up for a bit of hope,
a pair of eyes fixating on me, noticing me.
like i never was the person i was.

i am cleansed.
i am convinced.
by his words dancing ever so gracefully
an embrace that is mine to keep.

relief, post-panic.
breathing, i almost forgot how to.
sleep, peacefully it posts some concerns.
this i never knew how to.
dignified, now that i do.

he presented me a slumber in the palms of his hands,
to let the bad go, away, with all this.
his promise, that which comes only in the form of peace.
left me asleep, redeeming the daunting nights and years.

what a mighty thing love is,
makes a weakling of an egoistic pessimist.

No comments: